Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Things are still going strong. I have little bits of time when I get down on myself, but for the most part I've been really busy and productive. Been doing my morning online meetings at 8am, getting up at 6:40am and helping Miki get ready for school before the meetings. I haven't perfected writing down negatives or addressing negative emotions, nor have I done the greatest at being consistent with doing affirmation in the morning, but I'm working on it and not going to get down on myself about it.

Was really cool that last night when Noah showed the customer the website I've been working on for their business, they not only liked it, but came up with more things they wanted to do with it. So that felt really great. Went to see our therapist together last night, and I think Noah was feeling a little overwhelmed and wanted to get high. I'm glad he acknowledged it, because after we talked (alone, after we left the therapist office) he seemed less irritated and closed off.

Justin has been staying us with since Sunday, which has been a little bothersome since when he first came over I didn't stand up for myself and tell him he couldn't get high here. But today I came out and told him that he just can't do it while he's staying here (which will be probably 2 weeks until he gets his tax return), and he understands and says that he won't. He's saying that he's quitting, but that's up to him, he just can't do it while he's living here. My only worry is that he's going to turn into a dickhead and be all like "well, I can't get high" and start a huge pity party. No matter what, I can't let it get to me. I'm hoping that when we get him set up in the spare bedroom that he'll just have his pity parties in there and I don't have to deal with his negativity. I'm proud of myself for standing up for what I'm doing and what I don't want in my house.

I did my 8am online meeting this morning and, even though I was distracted by Justin and not fully into the conversation, I ended up staying afterwords and talking to some of the ladies. I met a woman who is struggling, so I offered to meet back up with her this afternoon. I feel good about reaching out. I know I've only been sober a little over a week, but this woman is very similar to me and I hope I can offer a little bit of advice and hopefully give her some hope. If anything, maybe just knowing that someone cares enough to meet back up with her, will give her a few hours of strength to not drink.

No comments: