Thursday, December 19, 2002

Dallas is Gone

Dallas is our large fuzzy orange kitty. We had to give him back to the animal shelter where we got him from because he has attacked Mikayla 3 times. He never attacked her just to be mean, he was just being playful, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has left scratches and bite marks on her head. At anyone of those times he could have damaged her eye, or gave her scars for the rest of her life.
I have 3 scars on my face from being attacked by a cat when I was a baby. I don't remember being attacked, I was too young, but I will always have the scars. We just didn't think it was a good idea to keep a cat that could be a danger to our daughter. It does make me sad that we have to get rid of him. He will probably be put to sleep, unless someone without children adopts him. We have another cat, his name is Rio. He's a little grey runt, and he's not a danger to her. He doesn't attack at all. As soon as Noah walked out the door with Dallas in the carrier, Rio came up to me whining. I think he knows whats going on. He will miss Dallas, considering he was just a kitten when he came to live with us, and Dallas was here before him. He has grown up with Dallas, and now Dallas is gone. I feel cold, I don't want him to die. But I can't have him hurting my daughter. I'm sorry Dallas.

No comments: